6.03.2009

More photos for class

So my assignment was to use light in three creative ways. Here are my three photos:


1) Here is a photo only using ambient lighting. I was not allowed to bring in any light to take the photo. I had to use the light only from the subject. This photo was taken with a 15 second exposure. It turned out nicely.

2) This photo was taken using a technique called light painting. The trick is to take a longer exposure of an object and introduce secondary light. In my case I set the exposure and used a LED flashlight to light up the parts of the photography that I wanted to highlight. You can see where the surrounding lights are more golden, the LED that I used has more of a white light.

3) For this photo I used a technique called fill flash. I never knew that I could really take good pictures inside. Whenever I used to try the photos were either too dark or the flash was just so obvious. I learned how to use flash to my advantage and make it subtle. Kumo face was shaded before I used the fill flash. So I set the flash way low so that I could bring out the colors in his face without showing that I was using flash.

2 comments:

Hawaii SnapShots said...

Fabulous photos, Dana...love the one of your sleeping pup !

Em said...

Beautiful Dana~ Great job with the pHotos!